• A Presidential election that is shaping up to be the most important in modern history.
• Senate elections in which Republicans are hoping to take the majority, and Democrats are struggling to keep it.
• House of Representatives elections in which Republicans are hoping to hang on to the majority, which, given a Senate majority, would give them the upper hand in both levels of Congress.
2011 was certainly a year that will go down in the history books:
• The death of the world’s most wanted man, Osama bin Laden.
• The most damage from natural disasters in modern history.
• The end of the war in Iraq.
• The U.S. credit rating downgraded for the first time, from AAA to AA+.
• Occupy Wall Street came about, then died down after several weeks.
• Student loan debt passed credit card debt for the biggest debt cause.
Those are only some of the events that took place in 2011. We have a lot to accomplish in 2012, and a lot of potential for the things we can get done. At this point everyone is full of anticipation and hope, looking for what the new year will bring. Now is also the time for predictions. What are some of the things you think 2012 will bring? Comments are welcome!
Have a safe and happy New Year’s!